Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Double Chocolate Biscotti

This is what I made for our community group tonight. My friend Brooke had shared this recipe with me a couple weeks ago and I modified it slightly to my liking. Below is the recipe I made and it turned out great. However, i cut my biscotti in half lengthwise to make them more appropriate sizes for snacking and dipping in coffee. This recipe is a great one for experiments with different types of nuts, chocolates, cake mixes, etc... Let me know what you try and how it turns out!

1 chocolate cake mix
1 c. flour
1/2 c. butter, melted
1/4 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips melted
2 eggs
1 t. vanilla
1/2 t. almond extract
1/2 c. slivered almonds
1/2 c. chocolate chips
1 10 oz pkg dark chocolate chips
2 T. shortening

Combine all the ingredients except the reg & dark chocolate chips, almonds and shortening. Stir in almonds and regular choc chips. Shape into 1 or 2 loaves (depending on how big you want your biscotti to be) on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes. Allow to cool at least 15 minutes. Cut into lengths, lay on cookie sheet on their sides, bake again for 10-15 minutes til firm.
Melt dark chocolate chips with shortening and drizzle over top or dip or dip one end into the chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment